Thursday, May 26, 2011

We're getting closer...

Well now that our one year old has almost mastered her walking abilities it has caused my hubby and I to become a lot more active.  From walking/running through the yard to moving the various items out of reach from her octopus arms, our responsibility level has definitely increased.  Let me say, I enjoy more than anything watching Havah learn and discover her new found abilities.

She is so much fun.  I know, I know, she is ours, but really if you knew her she really is a lot of fun.  She is becoming more independent so she doesn't want to be held as much and she is expressing her emotions a lot more.  (AKA temper tantrums)  It is hard to know exactly how do deal with them.  I mean do you let her just throw her little fit or do you try to distract her to get her mind off of what she if fussing about to begin with.  Not really sure.  Experimenting in progress.  We will let you know.

My progress is....well...progressing.  We are currently 37 weeks pregnant!  This is the farthest we have been in pregnancy.  With Havah we only made it to 35 weeks so the uncertainty of what to expect for labor  is mounting.  Everyday we get closer.  I have to say, I don't feel very prepared however I don't know if you can ever be prepared to have a baby.  My list of things I want to get done continues to expand as my memory of what I want to get done continues to diminish.

For example, on Monday I was leaving the house to get to work by 8:30ish and realized I did not have my keys.  So I got Havah out of her car seat to try and look for them.  I ended up looking for 45 minutes for my keys.  I mean, moving the couch and bed, crawling on the floor so I could be eye level with where Havah may have dropped them....45 minutes looking.  Then I discovered them right as I was calling my in-laws to come get me...on the COUNTER!!!!  The whole time I searched they were almost taunting me, every time I groaned and moaned trying to stand and squat back down to look, again, under the bed they laughed.  Very funny you may say, not to a 9 month pregnant woman.  I cried when I couldn't find them then cried when I did.  Looking back it is funny but in the moment, not so much.




So as for us, we are getting closer.  Closer to expanding our family and closer to being busier and more full than ever.  So exciting.  Can't wait.

3 comments:

  1. I once "lost" my keys on a work day and asked a coworker/really good friend to come get me. In her car on the way, I was looking for something else in my purse and discovered my keys in an interior pocket. lol.
    Best wishes for the birth of your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! How frustrating about the keys! Maybe you can count that for aerobics for the day.

    Take care of yourself in these last days before the birth. Get all the rest you can, lol, because it's about to get really busy - and super fun. I love the early baby days.

    I have theories on tantrums if you want them. :)

    Love you. Love Matt. Love Havah. Love baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. May have to expand your blog name. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete