Friday, November 30, 2012

Skillfully Wrought

This morning Matt and I got to experience one of my very favorite things of being pregnant, the ultrasound.  We are now at the halfway point of 20 weeks so we got to have the fetal assessment today.  Basically for those of us who don't know what that is, it is a chance for moms and dads to watch their new little one wiggle around for about 20 to 30 minutes and at the end it you can find out the gender of the baby.  For those who do know what they are doing, it is a way to assess the development of the baby.  They measure the heart and look for important things like hands, feet and kidneys.  It is a really amazing experience.

We have decided that we are going to wait to find out the gender of the baby until Christmas.   So I had the ultrasound tech write down the gender and we sent it to my sister-in-law to be the "handler" of the news.  :)  I call her the Fort Knox of secrets.  She actually keeps secrets for fun which is why she is the perfect candidate to keep our information.  Matt and I have a hard time keeping good news so there is no way an envelope containing that sort of information would have made it until Christmas.

Even though this is our third baby I never tire of hearing that little heartbeat, seeing tiny fingers and toes and even the four chambers of the heart.  I told Matt it is like peaking into a gift.  I am reminded of Psalm 139:13- 16, "For you formed my inward parts; you covered me in my mother's womb.  I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are your works, and that my soul knows very well.  My frame was not hidden from you, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.   Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.  And in your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them."

"His eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed."  Just like God, huh?  Seeing the end from the very beginning.  Even as he saw us in our mother's womb, He still sees us.  He still knows our every day and our every moment.  He still sees us when we are in the "lowest parts of the earth".  What's funny is that we think that is a lonely, dark place but God calls it a place where he can do His finest work.

Thank you God that you do your finest work when no one sees.  Those moments that you struggle do not go in vain.  When you wrestle with truth, it doesn't go unnoticed.  God is molding, fashioning, planning you.  You are being "skillfully wrought".  You are not alone you are just being crafted!  Have Hope!  He is working!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for reminding us that He knows us and knows our ways.

    ReplyDelete