Friday, October 8, 2010

Milestones

My daughter, Havah, is five months old.  Since she has arrived, has been a source of joy, love, laughter, and frustration ( can I say that?  Well it's true.)  She never ceases to amaze me with her smiles and odd facial expressions.  Well anyway, this week has been a week of milestones for my little one.  She has learn to reach for people and she has finally rolled over.  I have been amazed at her determination in achieving these tasks.  She has been working on rolling over for about two months now.  And it seemed like even she was relieved when she rolled over and saw her new perspective.  I never realized how proud I could be of another person (even if she doesn't know why we acting so crazy.)  Then I thought about how God feels about us!

What a neat thought?!  You know when we have to go through the same challenge over and over and over again and finally we get it.  Just think...if I am THAT excited about my daughter rolling over then how excited must our Heavenly Father get when we get to our milestones.  He is our biggest cheerleader, our number one fan, our deepest source of encouragement.  So many times I think of God as a task master, a judge or disciplinarian when in reality he is sitting beside us saying, "You can do it, you can do it.  Keep going!"

1 comment:

  1. Awww...look at that face! Be careful..she'll be crawling before you know it! :)

    ReplyDelete